01/18 Screenwriting I with Marni Freedman
- Creating a strong core premise
- Utilizing classic screenplay structure
- How to craft a sound character arc
- Secrets to shaping scenes with hot dialogue
- Flashbacks, Voice Over, and WGA FORMAT
- Loglines, what are they and how to use them
- The 10 Most Popular Genres in Hollywood
- Utilizing the Beat Sheet–a vital tool that will shape your screenwriting forever
- Essential Elements of Screenwriting from a Producer’s Eye
- Theme, Subtext, and Conflict
Marni Freedman is a produced, published and award winning writer. After graduating as an award winning student from the USC School of Filmic Writing, Marni began her career with her play, “Two Goldsteins on Acid,” which was produced in Los Angeles. She worked as a script doctor for Fox Searchlight, Disney, and other film companies and worked as a script agent for the Mary Sue Seymour Agency. One of her plays was made into a film, “Playing Mona Lisa,” and was produced by Disney. She has published articles in several magazines and online sites, worked as a ghost writer for a “how to” book series and is currently in demand as a book editor and script doctor. Currently, around San Diego, you can find Marni teaching writing workshops at San Diego Writers Ink, UCSD Extension and running the popular San Diego Screenwriter’s group, The Writer’s Circle.
PLEASE NOTE: It is best to register early to help our instructors prepare and ensure the class does not get cancelled or shifted to another date and time. We evaluate registration numbers between 7 and 3 days before a class start to decide about whether to keep or reschedule it. By registering 7 days or more in advance, you help us help our participants and instructors in many ways.