03/02 All About Character Creation with Marni Freedman
Informative New Class!
After years of study, practice, teaching, and coaching, Marni is excited to introduce a new, creatively organic, step-by-step approach to character that draws on the wisdom of many great dramatists and thinkers. By the end of the workshop, you will walk away with:
• A 9 Element Character Template that you can use to create every character you will ever write!
• An understanding of The Three Step Secret to Creating a Solid Character Arc
• The secrets to unlocking the power of archetypes (including how to turn archetypes on their heads for wild originality)
• Tools to create (not just one) but a full cast of real, three dimensional characters
• An understanding of where most writers fail when crafting their characters
• Tools to assess when your character is complete–The Walmart Test
Marni Freedman is a produced, published and award winning writer. After graduating as an award winning student from the USC School of Filmic Writing, Marni began her career with her play, “Two Goldsteins on Acid,” which was produced in Los Angeles. She worked as a script doctor for Fox Searchlight, Disney, and other film companies and worked as a script agent for the Mary Sue Seymour Agency. One of her plays was made into a film, “Playing Mona Lisa,” and was produced by Disney. She has published articles in several magazines and online sites, worked as a ghost writer for a “how to” book series and is currently in demand as a book editor and script doctor. Currently, around San Diego, you can find Marni teaching writing workshops at San Diego Writers Ink, UCSD Extension and running the popular San Diego Screenwriter’s group, The Writer’s Circle.
PLEASE NOTE: It is best to register early to help our instructors prepare and ensure the class does not get cancelled or shifted to another date and time. We evaluate registration numbers between 7 and 3 days before a class start to decide about whether to keep or reschedule it. By registering 7 days or more in advance, you help us help our participants and instructors in many ways.