08/24 Blogging Basics for Writers with Indy Quillen
Did you know research shows that websites with blogs get 55% more traffic than sites without blogs? But where do you begin? What do you write about? How do you keep coming up with new ideas? How do you find the time?
In this interactive workshop you will learn:
- Why Blogging can help you build your online presence
- Five different types of Blogs – and how to utilize them
- How to structure your Blog to encourage others to read it
- How to write a Blog that fits your personality AND time constraints
- How to keep fresh, new ideas flowing for your Blog topics
Handouts and worksheets will be provided in the workshop for note taking, but you will want to bring a notebook (or laptop) for writing exercises. Please feel free to bring a copy of one of your favorite blog posts (yours or someone else’s) to share with the group.
Besides being the founder and head crew chief at Media Fastlanes, Indy Quillen is a novelist. Her most recent manuscript, Pursuit, is in New York with her agent and is currently being shopped to publishers. Because she is a writer, as well as a business owner, she is constantly on the lookout for ways to help others be efficient with their time online and still build their readership.