12 Days of Christmas: Featured Friend–Playwrights Project
As part of the month of December, we are going to profile 12 local art or writing organizations.
We have partnered with Playwrights Project on some playwrighting classes from time to time. We have many overlapping goals with this partner, but they specialize in plays and theatre productions. If you are interested in supporting future writers for the theatre or if you have written a play and want to find a way to workshop it, you should check them out.
The Mission of Playwrights Project is to advance literacy, creativity, and communication by empowering individuals to voice their stories through playwriting programs and theatre productions.
Playwrights Project is a nonprofit organization devoted to arts education. Founded in 1985, Playwrights Project reaches up to 10,000 people annually through programs proven to:
- Teach the power of spoken and written language
- Nurture promising young writers
- Develop theatre artists and audiences
- Champion thoughtful communication
- Encourage creative problem solving
- Inspire lifelong learning
- Cultivate empathy
- Honor wisdom and past experience
- Deepen a sense of belonging
- Strengthen connections between and within communities
More info at: www.playwrightsproject.org/