Colleen Lanin teaches Blogging 101
*Registration has closed however, there are still open spots. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending this workshop.
Colleen Lanin’s popular class is back!
Blogging 101: How & Why to Create a Successful Blog
Blogging is a young art form but is rapidly growing in popularity and gaining respect from traditional publishers, the PR world, and the general public. Learn about blogging as a platform for print media and books, to drive traffic to your business website, to earn income or other perks, or just for fun. This six-week course is for both novice and experienced writers interested in blogging, but who want some help getting started and building an audience.
This class will cover:
· Choosing the right niche, name, and theme for your blog
· Overview of technical aspects/options for a blog
· Blending the art of writing with search engine optimization
· Editing and inserting photos for blog posts
· Making money, platform-building, and other blogging perks
· Using social media and search engine optimization to increase your blog’s success
· The community aspect of blogging: networking, conferences, PR events, and more
By the end of this class, participants will have created a WordPress blog and written four blog posts, with photos, links, and key words.
Bringing a laptop to class is helpful but not required.
Colleen Lanin, MBA, is the founder/editor of TravelMamas.com, which consistently ranks among the top 100 personal travel blogs in the world. She is also regular contributor to TODAY Travel on MSNBC.com as well as the CheapOair blog. Her articles have appeared in such print publications as Parenting Magazine, San Diego Family Magazine, and 101 Things To Do San Diego.