10/02 Blogging 101 with Colleen Lanin
Blogging 101: How & Why to Create a Successful Blog
Colleen’s Back with another great class!
Learn about blogging as a platform for print media and books, to drive traffic to your business website, to earn income or other perks, or just for fun. This six-week course is for both novice and experienced writers interested in blogging, but who want some help getting started and building an audience.
This class will cover:
· Choosing the right niche, name, and theme for your blog
· Overview of technical aspects/options for a blog
· Blending the art of writing with search engine optimization
· Editing and inserting photos for blog posts
· Making money, platform-building, and other blogging perks
· Using social media and search engine optimization to increase your blog’s success
· The community aspect of blogging: networking, conferences, PR events, and more
By the end of this class, participants will have created a WordPress blog and written four blog posts, with photos, links, and key words.
Bringing a laptop to class is helpful but not required.
Colleen Lanin, MBA, is the founder/editor of the popular family travel blog, TravelMamas.com, and the author of the upcoming book, “The Travel Mamas Guide.” She is also a regular contributor to the TODAY Show travel blog on msnbc.com. Her articles have appeared in such print publications as Parenting Magazine, San Diego Family Magazine, and 101 Things To Do San Diego.
Participants that register more than 1 month before a class/workshop, will save $10.00. Participants that register less than 1 week before a class/workshop will be charged an additional $10.00. Please note the class/workshop prices listed above do not reflect early registration discounts or late fees.