Become a Member
“For all the ideas of writer as solitary, tortured soul alone in her cramped garret or shambled studio working into the night, in reality writers, like the rest of humanity, are basically communal creatures. We search out our own kind and build community as naturally as we breathe. It is within community we connect with others and, through our connecting, find home.” – Writing Alone, Writing Together, by Judy Reeves
Membership is one of the vital ways you can be an active part of SDWI’s literary community. Your membership fees help sustain SDWI and The Ink Spot and support programs such as readings, groups and special workshops.
SDWI Members receive:
- Discounts on tuition for classes and workshops and other courses
- Free admission to Room to Write
- Free submission to A Year in Ink
- Free or discounted entry for writing contests and other competitions
- Free or discounted admission to readings and events
Individual Membership: $35/year
Household Membership: $50/year
Students/Low-Income Membership: $20/year
- Membership lasts one year, ending at the end of the month you signed up on the next year. If you register on July 10, for example, your membership ends on July 31 the next year.
Lifetime Membership: $350 (for an individual–10 year’s worth of memberships and never renew again–lasts your lifetime)
Sign up online and either pay by check or through PayPal.
To pay by mail
- Complete and submit our online SDWI membership form and click pay by check as your payment option.
- Mail your check to San Diego Writers Ink, 2730 Historic Decatur Rd. Suite 202, San Diego, CA 92106 with a printout of your confirmation message. Checks should be made payable to San Diego Writers, Ink.