01/10 How to Write Scripts for Hollywood with Carlos de los Rios
- the basics of shaping your core idea into a marketable, produce-able idea.
- what producers and production companies are looking for in a script
- the reasons most scripts do not sell
- a greater understanding of the marketplace
- tools to shape and transform your own writing to grab Hollywood’s attention
- how to utilize a beat sheet, craft your core concept and write those first 10 pages
Plus a read and critique of your first ten pages!
Carlos de los Rios is a working screenwriter and producer who has written acclaimed films for Academy Award winners Lauren Bacall, Harvey Fierstein, Elliot Gould and others. Carlos has worked on over 30 films and has written and/or produced 7 films. Carlos lectures throughout California and is a sought after script doctor, writing coach and story consultant.
PLEASE NOTE: To help our instructors and other course participants, register early to ensure the course does not get cancelled or shifted to another date and time. We evaluate registration numbers between 7 and 3 days before a course start to decide about whether to keep or reschedule it. By registering 7 days or more in advance, you help us help our participants and instructors in many ways.