Writing & Reading Groups
Some of our ongoing groups are drop-in, such as our Brown Bag and Thursday Writers with no pre-registration required, others are read and critique groups where you can get feedback on your work-in-progress. All of them welcome you.
- Room to Write – Tuesday & Friday mornings at The Ink Spot (Free, Members Only)
- Brown Bag – Tuesdays at noon at the Ink Spot ($5)
- Fiction Cohort – Tuesdays at 7pm at the Ink Spot ($60$75 month)
- (Not) Dead (Yet) Poet’s Society – Weds at 10am at the Ink Spot ($10/$15)
- Thursday Writers – Thursdays at 5 pm at Lestat’s West ($5)
- Pen to Paper - Thursdays at noon at the La Jolla Library (Free)
- Writers by the Beach - Thursdays at 11am at the Encinitas Library (Free)
- Writer’s Read Book Club — Sunday afternoons every six weeks, see page listed in menu for details, The Ink Spot ($5)
Are you an avid Brown Bagger or Thursday Writer, but hate having to remember to have cash or write checks for $5? Now you can buy a punch card and save! After buying, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Simply print that out and bring it to the next drop-in group you attend. The facilitator will give you your punch card.
READ & CRITIQUE GROUPS ARE AVAILABLE. Seating is limited in the groups and some of them are full, but you can check to see if there is room by following the links below.
- Monthly 2nd Sat 2:30pm: Poetry Read & Critique with Steve Kowit
- Weekly Thurs 11am: Read & Critique with T. Greenwood
- Monthly 4th Sun 5:30pm: “Not Your Family’s Sunday Night Dinner” Read & Critique with Janene Roberts
- Monthly 1st Sat 10am: Memoir Club with Marni Freedman
- 1st and 3rd Sat 12pm: Sci-Fi, Fantasy & Comic Book Writers Club with Carlos de los Rios
- Weekly Tues 7pm: Fiction Cohort with T.C. Porter
- Weekly Monday 7pm: Read & Critique with Rich Farrell
- Weekly Thurs 9am: Fiction / Non-fiction Read & Critique with Rich Farrell
- Weekly Wed 10am: (Not) Dead (Yet) Poet’s Society
- Weekly Mon 10am: Read & Critique with T. Greenwood