Writing & Reading Groups
Some of our ongoing groups are drop-in, such as our Brown Bag and Thursday Writers with no pre-registration required, others are read and critique groups where you can get feedback on your work-in-progress. All of them welcome you.
- Room to Write – 1st & 3rd Sundays and Tuesday & Wednesday mornings at The Ink Spot (Free, Members Only)
- Brown Bag – Tuesdays at noon at the Ink Spot ($5)
- Thursday Writers – Thursdays at 5 pm at Lestat’s West ($5)
- Pen to Paper - Thursdays at noon at the La Jolla Library (Free)
- Writer’s Read Book Club — Sunday afternoons every six weeks, see page for details, The Ink Spot ($5)
Are you an avid Brown Bagger or Thursday Writer, but hate having to remember to have cash or write checks for $5? Now you can buy a punch card and save! After buying, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Simply print that out and bring it to the next drop-in group you attend. The facilitator will give you your punch card.
READ and CRITIQUE GROUPS ARE AVAILABLE. Seating is limited in the groups and some of them are full, but you can check to see if there is room by following the links below.
- 08/02 Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Comic Book Writers Club with Carlos de los Rios
- Weekly Tuesday Fiction Cohort with T.C. Porter
- 08/02 Memoir Club with Marni Freedman
- A Year in Ink: Submissions for Volume 8
- Weekly Monday 7pm Read and Critique with Rich Farrell
- Weekly Thurs 9am Fiction and Non-fiction Read and Critique with Rich Farrell
- Weekly Wed 9AM (Not) Dead (Yet) Poet’s Society
- Weekly Mon 10 AM Read & Critique with T. Greenwood
- Monthly Sun 1PM Poetry R&C Workshop with Steve Kowit
- Weekly Thurs 7 PM Screenwriting R&C with Carlos de los Rios