Read & Critique Groups
Discouraged about your writing? Wonder if you are ever going to get anything published? How do you learn to write? Any kind of writing requires work and effort, but joining a read and critique group can move you in the right direction.
A read and critique group is a small group of writers who encourage and provide regular help to each other. Joining a group means making a commitment to write something each month, polish it and share it with the group. Also, joining means making a commitment to carefully critique the other members’ manuscripts and come prepared to help others. Whether you are working on a new piece already, want to start a new project, or need to revise an existing manuscript, the read and critique experience may be just for you.
Writing prompts will be given for participants to use if they desire.
These are ongoing read & critique groups with limited registration. Members pay monthly for their ongoing participation. In R&Cs with waitlists, participants must pay for missed months to keep their place.
To pay monthly by Paypal after initial registration, send your payment to email@example.com noting the instructor and R&C time with your payment. Please include this information in the subject line of check payments as well.
If you want to join a group, we have a couple options to choose from:
- NaNoWriMo? Read here!
- Weekly Mon 10 AM Read & Critique with T. Greenwood
- 12/07 The Memoir Club: Structuring Your Narrative
- Monthly Sun 1PM Poetry R&C Workshop with Steve Kowit
- Weekly Thurs 7 PM Screenwriting R&C with Carlos de los Rios
- Weekly Wed 2 PM Open Genre R&C with Mark Clements
- Weekly Wed 7 PM La Jolla Fiction Read & Critique with T. Greenwood
- One-on-One Consultations and Read & Critiques of Short and Full Manuscripts
- Weekly Wed 7 PM Open Genre R&C with Mark Clements