Read & Critique Groups
Discouraged about your writing? Wonder if you are ever going to get anything published? How do you learn to write? Any kind of writing requires work and effort, but joining a read and critique group can move you in the right direction.
A read and critique group is a small group of writers who encourage and provide regular help to each other. Joining a group means making a commitment to write something each month, polish it and share it with the group. Also, joining means making a commitment to carefully critique the other members’ manuscripts and come prepared to help others. Whether you are working on a new piece already, want to start a new project, or need to revise an existing manuscript, the read and critique experience may be just for you.
Writing prompts will be given for participants to use if they desire.
These are ongoing read & critique groups with limited registration. Members pay monthly for their ongoing participation. In R&Cs with waitlists, participants must pay for missed months to keep their place.
To pay monthly by Paypal after initial registration, send your payment to email@example.com noting the instructor and R&C time with your payment. Please include this information in the subject line of check payments as well.
If you want to join a group, we have a couple options to choose from:
- 08/02 Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Comic Book Writers Club with Carlos de los Rios
- Weekly Tuesday Fiction Cohort with T.C. Porter
- 08/02 Memoir Club with Marni Freedman
- A Year in Ink: Submissions for Volume 8
- Weekly Monday 7pm Read and Critique with Rich Farrell
- Weekly Thurs 9am Fiction and Non-fiction Read and Critique with Rich Farrell
- Weekly Wed 9AM (Not) Dead (Yet) Poet’s Society
- Weekly Mon 10 AM Read & Critique with T. Greenwood
- Monthly Sun 1PM Poetry R&C Workshop with Steve Kowit
- Weekly Thurs 7 PM Screenwriting R&C with Carlos de los Rios