Readings & Special Events
Whether we’re scheduling the publication party for a local author’s new book, chartering a bus to take us to the LA Times Festival of Books, or celebrating the seasons, SDW Inkers do know how to make an event special. We believe in collaboration and look for creative ways to partner with other organizations to present unique and stimulating programs for the larger community. The Ink Spot offers a warm and welcoming spot for readings, large and small, and we also hold readings at other venues – the Poetry Bench in Balboa Park, on the stage at Lestat’s Coffeehouse, and Rebecca’s Coffee House in South Park to name a few.
Readings and Special Events:
Free Open House Party on November 1. 5pm to 8pm. Social time with other writers–come celebrate National Novel Writing Month!
- 01/11 Writers Read at the Theater: “In the Time of the Butterflies”
- 01/12 Writers Read Book Group: “In the Time of the Butterflies”
- 12/14 Holiday Shopping Event 12pm-5pm and a 5pm Reading
- First Friday Monthly DimeStories Open Mic for Prose at the Ink Spot
- NaNoWriMo? Read here!
Ongoing Open Mics
- DimeStories Open Mic — First Friday of every month
- Poetic Brew Open Mic Poetry Reading — Third Tuesday of every month at Rebecca’s in South Park. Bring three poems for the open mic or just listen with host Eber Lambert.