SD Book Awards 2011
The San Diego Book Awards were Saturday, June 11 and, wow, were they exciting. San Diego Writers, Ink and friends took home quite a few awards. Here’re some highlights:
- SDWI’s A Year in Ink, Vol. 3 won for best Anthology (thank you to our editors Roger Aplon and Jennifer Silva-Redmond).
- Founder & board member, Judy Reeves’ A Writer’s Book of Days won for best general nonfiction.
- Board member, Zoe Ghahremani’s Sky of Red Poppies was a finalist for best historical fiction. (Zoe’s novel is also a nominee for the One Book One San Diego selection for next year. Vote for her here.)
- Recent anthology editor and visiting author, Laurel Corona’s Penelope’s Daughter won for best historical fiction.
- Board President, Drusilla Campbell’s The Good Sister won for best contemporary fiction AND the Geisel Award for best book of the year!
It was a big night for San Diego writers. Congratulations to all the finalists!