06/01 The Art of Scenes with Carlos de los Rios
NOTE NEW TIME and INSTRUCTOR
The Art of Creating a Scene – Essential Tips and Tools to Engage Your Reader
Do you want your work to stand out and sparkle? Do you want to know how to craft a scene that will pull your reader in and make him then want to turn the page?
In this fun interactive workshop, you will learn how to:
1. Up the stakes using natural conflict and tension
2. Master showing and telling – what they are and when to do what!
3. Engage your reader no matter what (for memoirs too!)
4. Get to the juice of the scene
5. Figure out what and when to cut, cut, cut
6. Create description and language that captivates
7. Avoid the most common mistakes writers make when crafting a scene
Regardless of your genre of writing, this workshop will help you build scenes!
Carlos de los Rios is a working screenwriter and producer who has written acclaimed films for Academy Award winners Lauren Bacall, Harvey Fierstein, Elliot Gould and others. Carlos has worked on over 30 films and has written and/or produced 7 films. Carlos lectures throughout California and is a sought after script doctor, writing coach and story consultant.
PLEASE NOTE: It is best to register early to help our instructors prepare and ensure the class does not get cancelled or shifted to another date and time. We evaluate registration numbers between 7 and 3 days before a class start to decide about whether to keep or reschedule it. By registering 7 days or more in advance, you help us help our participants and instructors in many ways.